As we say goodbye to another successful Winterval we begin to look forward to our next major festival which, after 7th March tricolour events, is the Waterford St. Patrick’s Day Festival 2024 from 15th to 18th March. Live music, family fun events as well as historical and cultural attractions will all feature. Full event details will soon be available at https://stpatricksfestivalwaterford.com/
Fáilte Ireland have specifically chosen Waterford City as one of the most viable locations for such a festival given the historical links that exist between Waterford and St. Patrick’s Day. The festival organisers have sought feedback from both general public and visitors alike and we would also like to engage with the commercial, retail and hospitality sector. We recognise the many challenges that businesses face in the current climate and whilst many of those issues lie beyond the control of the festival organisers we still feel that by way of collaboration there will be benefits to all parties. In this regard I would ask for you to consider the following…..
1) Go Green or decorate shop fronts. If you are in a position to add to the greening effects undertaken during St Patrick’s Festival please do so or perhaps decorate your shop front with bunting, shamrocks or tricolours.
2) Programme events (appropriate for the festival). If you are programming entertainment events from 15th to 18th March (live music, comedy, theatre etc) we would be happy to promote your event as part of the festival.
3) Team up with community groups for parade float entries. If you wish to take part in the parade please consider linking up with a local community group, you can register your interest using the above link.
4) Undertake promotion via individual business channels. If your business has any promotional outlets, social media or otherwise, please make every effort to advertise St Patrick’s Festival Waterford.
5) If you have any suggestions or ideas for the festival organisers to consider e.g. how to improve or develop the festival, please send your thoughts to email@example.com