A sea-inspired festival celebrating Tramore’s fabulous food offerings and stunning outdoors will take place from Friday September 16th to Sunday the 18th.
It’s the second time the Vitamin Sea Festival is taking place, which aims to celebrate the wealth of natural resources and local businesses, which make Tramore such a wonderful place to eat, drink and take in some vitamin sea through walks, swims and surfs.
In Victorian times, September was traditionally the month when holiday makers visited Tramore to soak up the iodine-rich ‘warm’ waters at this time of year. Building on the health and sea-inspired heritage, the festival features a weekend-long programme of taste trails, coastal excursions and collaborations.
Hosted by Taste Tramore, events kick off on Friday evening with a Street Feast on Main Street. There will be events all weekend long for adults and families with ticketed, free and pick up on the day options. Highlights for families include a treasure hunt, sand art workshop, and an adventure with musical tales in association with Tramore library. Learn about the ghosts, sailors, tragedies and fortunes of the town with a walking tour, enjoy some mindful relaxation with sunrise and sunset yoga sessions. Other popular activities include the Hot Pod mobile sauna, Stand-Up paddle board lessons and coastal foraging.
Food can be enjoyed at some of the many participating food venues, taken away to enjoy on the beach, a secluded cove, or from the comfort of your own home. And there will be a mega-giveaway competition with lots of great prizes - follow the festival’s social channels for more!
Some of the programmed events for Vitamin Sea Festival 2022
- Evening events - Street feast - outdoor dining along Main Street’s new plaza with food from Mezze, Seagull, The Vee, Tony’s and Doolys; Seabrew & Sounds - music & barbeque overlooking Newtown cove; Sushi & Sake at the Japanese Gardens
- Tapas trails - Evening trail with Mezze, Seagull, The Vee and Victoria House. Family trail with The Shack and Cove stores
- Taste Tour - pick up a taster from food businesses dotted around Tramore’s town and coastline. Each dish €4 (non-ticketed) Sat & Sun - 11-4. Beach house will be offering a local seafood taster, Mezze will have a sea-themed vegan taster, Seagull will have a pastry taster.
- Picnic Mór - Enjoy a picnic bag of Tramore’s food producers along the Trá Mór, Tramore’s 5km beach and sand dunes. Bag will include sourdough baguette from Seagull, salads from Mezze, savoury bites from The Vee and lots of local goodies
- The Hot Pod sauna is set up at Newtown overlooking the cove. Perfect for dipping into the sea after your sauna and then grabbing a coffee from the Seabrew van.
- Outdoor & fitness activities - walking tours, beach fitness class, paddle boarding, surfing and swimming
- Wellness activities - yoga and meditation
- Environmental activities - beach clean, workshops, book swap on Main Street run by Tramore library, foraging
- Child-friendly events - storytelling, Treasure hunt, craft workshops on the beach, family yoga
View the brochure: https://vitaminseafestival.ie/en/page/brochure-viewer