Waterford Council’s Local Enterprise Office (LEO) provides an extensive range of supports to the micro business sector in the county.
For those who are currently running an established small business (10 employees or less), or for anyone considering exploring self-employment as an option there is a wide range of supports available on www.localenterprise.ie/Waterford
One of the supports provided by LEO Waterford to assist the small business community in meeting the challenges of the business world is high quality, subsidised training which is tailored to meet specific business requirements.
Another support is the Green for Micro programme - a new initiative from the Local Enterprise Offices - to help prepare small businesses for the low carbon, more resource efficient economy of the future. This is a FREE programme, available to companies with up to ten employees.
LEO services include:
- Business information and advice clinics: Every week Local Enterprise Office Waterford holds a number of free, one-to-one online or telephone consultations that give you the opportunity to get general advice on starting or growing a business and provide relevant information on the type of state supports that may be available.
- Training courses: LEO Waterford provides a wide range of high-quality, concise and inexpensive training courses such as start your own business, online and social media marketing, bookkeeping and many more.
- One to one mentoring: The Mentor Programme is designed to match up the knowledge, skills, insights and entrepreneurial capability of experienced business practitioners with small business owner/managers who need practical and strategic advice and guidance.
- Financial supports: Funding support schemes include Trading Online Voucher, Feasibility Study Grant, Business Priming Grant Business Expansion Grant and Export Development Grant.
- Events, management development & networking opportunities: LEO Waterford runs a number of online webinars, events and programmes on topical and strategic issues to assist owner-managers overcome the obstacles they face so that they can grow their businesses to their full potential. The LEO also supports active networks so Waterford entrepreneurs can promote their business and exchange ideas with their peers.
- Enterprise Education and Youth Entrepreneurship: Cognisant of the importance of fostering an enterprise culture in young people, LEO Waterford actively engages in national initiatives such as the Student Enterprise Programme at second level and the Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur Competition for 18 to 35 year olds.
Contact your Local Enterprise Office Waterford for their latest training programmes and events schedule on www.localenterprise.ie/Waterford