All Secondary Schools in County Waterford are invited to enter a litter competition to win €1500 for their school.
Letters and emails to issue to Green School Coordinators and Principals on week commencing 12th September.
Schools are invited to enter by emailing a contact name, contact details and participating class taking part to firstname.lastname@example.org
They will then be allocated an area close to their school to carry out a clean in October and November (this area will be highlighted on a map once they have registered).
Terms & Conditions:
1. All Secondary Schools in County Waterford can participate.
2. A school must be entered by a member of staff e.g. secretary, teacher, principal, etc.
3. One entry per school can be accepted. Any year/class group can take part.
4. Once you have registered for entry into this competition, you will be emailed a map of a designated an area to clean and receive 25 litter pickers, 25 pairs of gloves, 25 high visibility vests and bags for the litter. The bags of litter can be collected from your school once a week following the cleanup of your designated area by arrangement.
5. The prize for the winning school is €1500.
6. Participating schools may feature on Beat FM’s social media accounts, so be sure to email us photos of your school taking part in cleanups.
7. All entries will be judged by an IBAL (Irish Business Against Litter) national adjudicator (John to confirm).
8. The winning entry will be announced in mid December 2022 at a Mayoral reception for the presentation of certificates and prizegiving.
9. The closing date for registration for this competition is Thursday 29th October 2022 at 4pm. For the purposes of this competition, all clean ups must be carried out between 12th October and 30th November.
10. Your school is responsible for all pupils and staff involved in these cleanups and activities. No liability will be held by the organisers of this competition.