CONTRACT TYPE - Full time
JOB ID - R2714007
LOCATION - Waterford, Ireland
MSAT Intern (January, 2024 to August, 2024)
- Location: Waterford
- % Remote working: Minimum 3 days a week onsite
- Job type: 9 Months
For more than 20 years, our Waterford team has continued to grow and diversify to serve patients around the world. Today, a team of almost 800 work together at a state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical and medical device campus. Recognised through multiple local and national awards, Sanofi Waterford offers flexible working and access to a world of opportunities to grow your career at one location. As well as attractive benefits, the team enjoy access to an onsite gym and medical centre that underpin a strong commitment to health and wellbeing.
About the job
The Manufacturing Sciences team, operating within the MSAT laboratory at Sanofi Waterford plays an integral role in new product introduction, technology transfer and supporting on-going lifecycle management activities for Sanofi Waterford and the wider Sanofi network. The team consists of passionate, data driven scientists who lead technical programs for a variety of complex biologics including enzyme replacement therapies and monoclonal antibodies. As a part of this team you will gain hands on experience with these products, developing manufacturing processes and working with cross functional teams to provide scientific expertise to ensure our products get to the patients who need them.
- Supports daily lab management activities- 5S, safety walk throughs, chemical inventory checks, sample receipt and reconciliation
- Gain an understanding of lyophilisation of biologics, solid state and biophysical characterisation
- Participates in process and product life cycle and development activities
- Perform testing activities within the Manufacturing Sciences laboratory
- Perform equipment verifications
- Design, execute and document technical studies
- Works with team members supporting on going projects within the team
- Support lab documentation
This opportunity is available to science related 2nd or 3rd third level education students.
- Interest and passion for science contributing to an energised working environment
- Knowledge in lyophilisation and protein characterisation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
APPLY HERE TODAY