Location: IE - Waterford, Ireland - All, IE
Company: Bausch & Lomb
Bausch + Lomb, a leading global eye health business of Bausch Health Companies Inc., is solely focused on making people see better to live better. The company has a 40-year track record of growth and diversification in Waterford – Ireland’s oldest city.
From Waterford, Bausch + Lomb supplies eye health products to people across the world.
The company’s success in Waterford has been built on a great team who between them have thousands of years of experience of delivering the highest quality every time. As the facility has grown, new opportunities have been created for skilled people to join the team and take their careers to the next level in a global company with deep local roots in Waterford.
This is an exciting new role and we are looking for best in class MAMF Qualified maintenance technicians to join our new manufacturing site. Seeking individuals who have an inherent passion for innovation and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on industry leading equipment while making a valuable contribution to the mission of improving people’s lives globally. The site is focused on continuous improvement of all work processes and practices and all employees are required to be flexible in this regard. The successful candidate may be asked to carry out additional work functions that are not described in this specification but are associated with their role.
This is a 1 year fixed term contract.
- Oversee, maintain and repair automated production lines.
- Liaise with Operations and Engineering groups on the day to day maintenance and troubleshooting of production equipment including actively identifying, communicating and assisting with the resolution of issues.
- Liaise with the Engineering team on projects to develop and improve equipment performance and capabilities.
- Develop Maintenance Procedures in conjunction with process engineers or process engineering manager.
- Comply with procedures as defined by plant SOP’s.
- Carry out project work, as deemed necessary.
- Participate in equipment calibrations and validations, as necessary.
- Utilise the engineering systems in a compliant manner.
- Contribute to shift hand-over and start-of-shift meetings/reports.
- Play a key role in the development of the engineering & manufacturing systems and will be responsible for continuous improvement initiatives. Proactively identifying operational improvement opportunities or process related issues including escalation & follow up for effective resolution and implementation.
- Champions for safe working practices and safety initiatives within their functional area.
- Assist with the training of other Maintenance Personnel as required.
Key cGMP Responsibilities
- To efficiently and effectively maintain the plant and production equipment to the required standards.
- To document activities in the required manner.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out maintenance activities at all times.
- Follow Gowning Procedures and entry rules for all manufacturing and other controlled areas.
- Understand and follow Personal Hygiene Rules as defined in the GMP Training Programme and notify area supervision of any health conditions which may affect the quality of product.
- Participate fully in all GMP and operational training programs and complete all training records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Recognised mechanical qualification (Mechanical Automation and Maintenance Fitting (M.A.M.F) or equivalent National Craft Certificate.
- Experience in a similar medical device or pharmaceutical industry highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of PLC and pneumatics systems with a strong electro-mechanical background and knowledge of automated systems.
- Previous experience using automated system PEMAC – advantageous.
- Self-Motivated and proactive.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Team and Target orientated with a focus on continuous improvement.
- High level of ability in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Computer literate.
Bausch & Lomb is committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with equal employment opportunity laws in effect wherever it operates.
APPLY HERE TODAY