- Location: Waterford
- On site
- Job type: 23 months contract
For more than 20 years, our Waterford team has continued to grow and diversify to serve patients around the world. Today, a team of almost 800 work together at a state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical and medical device campus. Recognised through multiple local and national awards, Sanofi Waterford offers flexible working and access to a world of opportunities to grow your career at one location. As well as attractive benefits, the team enjoy access to an onsite gym and medical centre that underpin a strong commitment to health and wellbeing.
About the job
Analytical Science & Technology (AST) are responsible for the analytical transfer, validation and lifecycle management of methods to enable the site to bring in new business. The department is the first to source and implement new analytical technologies for the site. AST group are the subject matter experts for all analytical testing within the Waterford site and the senior scientist will play an integral part in delivering the product and program roadmap.
- Lead role in analytical development (research, design, implementation, and transfer/qualification/validation) projects according to design for manufacture principles.
- Lead the development and implementation of analytical Control Strategies.
- Technical support/ troubleshooting and investigation to support manufacturing/GMP activities.
- Lead analytical qualification and validation activities.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for analytical quality attributes and process critical parameters.
- Support execution of experimental programmes, including pilot plant operations and studies.
- Analytical transfer project lead role.
- Analytical development programme design, execution and implementation.
- Liaison for site and MSAT programs/projects.
- Provide SME support to technical representative for assessment and development of analytical change control and regulatory submission proposals.
- Technical report writing.
- Training delivery of technical training programmes.
- Support analyst in training to develop strong technical knowledge in the team.
- New technology introduction lead.
- Efficient communication/collaboration with other sites in relation to project.
- Self-sufficient in planning work activities on the project.
- 3rd level qualification in science or engineering, MSc or PhD preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry required.
- Demonstrated performance in leading teams and project delivery.
- Strong focus on quality and proven attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent analytical ability, experience with Empower software preferred.
- Operational experience of quality laboratories in a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and organisation.
- Fluent English, both written and oral – essential.
- Problem solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting objectives are required.
- Able to manage projects to plan/budget.
- Proven track record of prioritising tasks and managing several projects simultaneously.
- Experience with mentoring team members.
- Strong safety, quality and continuous improvement focus.
Pursue progress. Discover extraordinary.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
APPLY HERE TODAY