VP of Engineering
PlantQuest is a vibrant and agile tech startup making an impact within some of the world's leading life science companies. We take pride in our work whilst we collaborate and support each other in our day-to-day activities. Our mission is to improve the lives of workers in, and the operational outputs of life science facilities through the use of our asset mapping and navigation platform. We have years of experience doing this and our customers love us.
We are a small, yet growing company impacting some of the world's largest mission-critical facilities. PlantQuest offers a highly stimulating, dynamic environment to work in and you will be an essential part of a team that is focused on providing the best performance and service to our clients.
The Job in 2 Bullets
- Bring your experience to our company and join us in building a software team focused on delivering enterprise-grade software to some of the world’s biggest Life Science companies, reporting to our CEO.
- Responsible for the continued rollout of our PlantQuest desktop & tablet applications and mapping SDK. These Platforms are key interfaces to our business and end customers, and they provide the foundation for our roadmap going forward. You will have a big say in their development going forward.
As the VP of Engineering at PlantQuest, you will work closely with project stakeholders, customers, and the management team to gather requirements, contribute to the full-stack product offering, and ensure the delivery of a world-class product. In this agile environment with shifting priorities, you will engage in hands-on coding, design and drive ongoing improvements in application architecture, design and deliver new product offerings, and work with the management team on designing the overall PlantQuest platform.
- Ownership of the PlantQuest full-stack product offering, working with our current team of 2 contracted developers, as well as the management team to implement a product that is world-class.
- Lots of hands-on coding as in an agile environment with constantly shifting product priorities.
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to other team members.
- Driving ongoing improvements in application architecture to help build and design highly scalable applications.
- Designing, building, and delivering new product offerings.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders, customers, and other individuals to understand and gather project requirements.
- Lead the development and planning of PlantQuest’s software architecture, including selecting appropriate technologies, frameworks, and design patterns.
- Develop high-quality, efficient, and maintainable code, adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Manage and co-ordinate with other developers to ensure that the codebase remains consistent and manageable.
- Continuously optimize the codebase for performance and scalability.
- Ensure concise documentation for the PlantQuest software, including technical specifications, user guides, and API documentation are maintained.
- Assist in resolving technical issues and provide support to other team members or end-users where needed.
- Stay current with industry trends, technologies, and best practices to ensure the software remains up-to-date and competitive.
Reasons You Don’t Want This Job
- You don't like making big decisions.
- You don't love fast-paced, reactive programming that can clinch a big project or client win.
- You don't love a bit of chaos sometimes.
Experience, Qualifications & You
- You are a self-starter who thrives on working in a startup environment.
- You take pride in your code and react quickly to remedy any bugs.
- You are willing to wear all development hats - nothing is beneath you.
- Years of experience isn't a priority for us - we value time spent being at the forefront of a growing and scaling organisation where people look to you for results and direction.
- Mobile app experience.
- Experience in AWS serverless architecture.
- Experience in developing enterprise applications.
- Experience in Leaflet.JS, Mapping or GIS is desirable, but not mandatory.
The Product You Will Be Developing
The PlantQuest product is often described as “Google Maps” for inside large industrial buildings. Deployed on desktop, tablet and through SDK, it allows workers to locate, and navigate their way around their facility, and visualise assets and information (IoT, production, work order etc). Currently adopted by some of the world’s largest pharma companies, our vision for the PlantQuest platform is for it to be the go-to platform for facility mapping and 2D digital twins in industrial facilities globally.
Place & Hours of Work
The working week is Monday to Friday. PlantQuest is a remote first company, with the management team based in Cork Ireland, and Edinburgh UK (office space available).
- Salary: €80,000 to €100,000 DOE
- Industry leading Bonus & Incentives
- PlantQuest offers a pension scheme in line with the requirements of the employees’ resident country.
- Equity & Stock Options available
- Vacation and Paid Time Off - 20 days annual paid time off, plus standard national holidays.
- Professional Development Opportunities - PlantQuest is committed to supporting the professional growth of its employees. As part of this commitment, we offer a training budget to be spent on training, workshops, and conferences that are relevant to your role and beneficial for your career development.
- IT & Equipment - PlantQuest shall provide the employee with the necessary IT equipment and software required for the employee to perform their job duties.
Please send your CV and cover letter(at the end of your CV or as a separate document) outlining why you believe you are the right person for this role to email@example.com