Software Maintenance Engineer - Integration (Camel, Artemis, Kafka)
Workday ID - R-035073
Category - Technical Support
APPLY HERE TODAY
About the job
The Red Hat Support Engineering team is looking for a Software Maintenance Engineer to join our worldwide support organization in Italy, Spain, Ireland, Czech Republic or Portugal. In this role, you will join the team that is responsible for supporting our large enterprise customer base with expert advice on developing, managing, and scaling mission critical applications built with Apache Camel, Apache ActiveMQ (Artemis), Apache Kafka (Red Hat AMQ Streams) Debezium, Fuse, Skupper and Spring Boot. You will need to have knowledge of cloud technologies and in particular knowledge of Red Hat Openshift and Kubernetes is a plus. You’ll have a great opportunity to work in a team of excellent engineers with a broad range of technologies and contribute to a vibrant community while ensuring the success of our customers.
The position can be hired in the following countries - Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland and Czech Republic.
What you will do
- Provide well-researched and prompt responses to developer-level technical issues; collaborate with committers on open source projects
- Leverage your familiarity and experience with at least one of the technologies in our solutions
- Efficiently develop test cases, product patches, and examples as required that resolve customer issues
- Share your knowledge with our customers by leveraging your developer-level experience analyzing or debugging Java application issues at the language-level; code development, code review, stack traces, etc.
- Be detail oriented, take ownership of issues, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analyze and reproduce problems, perform troubleshooting, and quickly learn new technologies and customer environments
What you will bring
- Solid knowledge of some of the open source technologies like Apache Camel, Apache ActiveMQ (Artemis), Apache Kafka (Red Hat AMQ Streams) Debezium, Fuse, Skupper and Spring Boot
- Experience of working on large scale enterprise projects
- Passion for cloud technologies and bringing traditional middleware technologies to the cloud
- Basic programing and understanding of Java language is mandatory
- Genuine customer focus and understanding that their success is your success
- Ability to apply skills and knowledge to track down solutions to customer problems
- Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple tasks at once
- Solid knowledge of enterprise integration technologies and good working knowledge of commonly used UNIX platforms
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Spread across 40+ countries, our associates have the flexibility to choose the work environment that suits their needs from in-office to fully remote to office-flex. Red Hatters are encouraged to bring their best ideas, no matter their title or tenure. We're a leader in open source because of our open and inclusive environment. We hire creative, passionate people ready to contribute their ideas, help solve complex problems, and make an impact. Opportunities are open. Join us
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Red Hat supports individuals with disabilities and provides reasonable accommodations to job applicants. If you need assistance completing our online job application, email firstname.lastname@example.org. General inquiries, such as those regarding the status of a job application, will not receive a reply.