Trilateral Research has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Analyst, to independently deliver Trilateral's research commitments, develop thought leadership, create impact, and advance business development in its Innovation and Research Services team (health cluster).
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a Horizon Europe funded project, CVDLINK, that will implement a Europe-wide platform-as-a-service (PaaS) to manage and incorporate new data-driven tools that target researchers/ industry and health care professionals to advance research and management of cardiovascular diseases. The project adheres to privacy-by-design principles and seeks to deliver data-driven human-centric interventions.
Our company and what we do
At Trilateral Research, we provide ethical AI solutions to tackle complex social issues, from human trafficking and child exploitation, citizen security in crisis to pollution and climate change. We transform research into innovation and sustainable impact, focusing our efforts where we can enhance societal wellbeing.
We apply rigorous, cutting-edge research when developing and accessing new technologies to ensure they achieve sustainable innovation and measurable impact. Our teams include humanities specialists, social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal, and human rights experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide.
What are your responsibilities?
As Senior Research Analyst you will:
- Lead and execute Trilateral’s work in the CVDLINK project – support partners with legal and ethical management, compliance and obligations (under GDPR and national regulations), data management (data sharing and data protection guidelines, use and re-use guidelines), and a strategy to address socio-economic aspects of data access and knowledge sharing.
- Deliver project work (including research, reports, other outputs) in direct communication with project coordinator, leads, team members, manager and/or clients, resolve and escalate any issues.
- Independently lead and/or contribute to funding applications, grow, and share knowledge of funding schemes and application processes.
- Mentor and coordinate the work of Trilateral project team members.
- Represent Trilateral at the project meetings and external events.
- Deliver impact requirements & represent the research project(s) externally in line with Trilateral, health cluster and project goals.
- Maintain and grow thought leadership, through publication, funding and interdisciplinary outputs, health subject matter expertise and research-driven innovation for Trilateral.
- Support the delivery of Trilateral’s commercial research requests.
Skills and experience you will bring to the role:
Interpersonal Skills (essential):
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organisation and planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate across and outside the organisation.
- Excellent/proactive problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Adherence to shared values: Commitment to Excellence, Knowledge sharing, Adaptability, Mucking-in, Trust, Respect.
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Excellent understanding of health research landscape
- Experience with legal and ethical regulatory frameworks (health/medical), research data governance (including data protection law and handling sensitive data).
- Good and independent research and analytical skills
- Experience managing and/or working in multi-partner projects and working as part of inter-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge/experience in developing research proposals, funding relationships and/or tenders
- Proven experience in project/client management
- Risk management skills
- Experience in and/or familiarity with EU-funded projects
- Knowledge of ethics/ethical approvals processes
- Knowledge of AI tools / pipelines in health field
Required Education and experience:
- Post-doctoral/PhD or equivalent experience in health research e.g., health research data governance, medical regulatory and legal frameworks, ethics and/or data protection.
- Good project management skills
Our culture is based on delivering high-quality outputs, through our commitment and passion for what we do. We work in an open and collaborative environment where the team culture provides support amongst peers and colleagues. We believe in the strength of a diverse, gender-balanced environment with positive work-life balance, and value the passion and talents of our team.
Find out about our people and culture and see how our mission drives the research projects we take on, the key data protection services we provide, and the technology products and supplementary services we develop, by visiting our website Trilateral Research.
What else do I need to know?
Our employment compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement increasing with service.
- Company sick pay and family friendly pay
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working/working from home options.
- Enhanced pension scheme based on service.
- Continuous career development
Location: This position is open to candidates based in IE/EU.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full time
Contract type: For Ireland based candidates – fixed-term (two years) full-time Employment Contract; for EU-based candidates – fixed-term (two years) consultant (not employment) Contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to apply
Please submit both your CV and a cover letter, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. References will be required prior to appointment and candidates must be eligible to work in the IE/EU.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.APPLY HERE TODAY