Our company and what we do
At Trilateral Research, we provide ethical AI solutions for tackling complex social issues, from human trafficking and child exploitation, citizen security in crisis to pollution and climate change. We transform research into innovation and sustainable impact, focusing our efforts where we can enhance societal wellbeing.
We apply rigorous, cutting-edge research when developing and accessing new technologies to ensure they achieve sustainable innovation and measurable impact. Our teams include humanities specialists, social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal and human rights experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide.
What are your responsibilities?
As part of CO-CREATE and RE4GREEN projects you will:
- Lead and execute work in the EU funded CO-CREATE project on Solar Radiation Modification (SRM) to limit or offset human-caused climate change. This will include leading research in the following areas:
- Legal and governance aspects of SRM research
- Co-creation of case studies of SRM field tests and activities
- Deliberative workshops and international citizens surveys on SRM
- Contribute to the EU funded project RE4GREEN on ethics and integrity frameworks for Research and Innovation (R&I) on social and economic sustainability under the European Green Deal. This will include leading research in the following areas:
- Research ethics and integrity frameworks/guidelines and R&I governance
- Key issues in environmental and climate ethics for R&I
- Stakeholder interviews and dialogue forums
- Deliver project work (including research, reports, other outputs) in direct communication with external project coordinator, project leads, team members, manager and/or clients
- Escalate project management issues and risks
- Represent Trilateral at project meetings and external events
- Lead (with support) and/or contribute to funding applications
- Grow and share knowledge of funding schemes and application processes (e.g., Horizon Europe and commercial tenders)
- Maintain and grow climate science and research integrity subject matter expertise and research driven innovation for Trilateral (e.g., through publications, funding and interdisciplinary outputs)
- Support the delivery of Trilateral’s commercial research requests
- Deliver impact requirements & represent the research project(s) externally in line with Trilateral, Climate, Energy & Environment cluster and project goals
Skills and experience you will bring to the role:
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate across and outside the organisation
- Proactive problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Shared values such as:
- Commitment to excellence
- Knowledge sharing
- Relationship-building and influencing skills
Professional knowledge and technical skills
- Good/reasonable understanding of environmental law, climate change.
- Good legal analytical skills
- Knowledge of research ethics and integrity frameworks and R&I governance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good research and analytical skills
- Good/reasonable understanding of environmental justice, just transition
- Knowledge of and experience in income generation – including developing research proposals, developing funding relationships and/or tender/bid writing
- Project management experience or training
- Risk management
Required education and experience
Master’s or PhD (or near completion of PhD) in the Social Sciences and Humanities: preference will be given to candidates with backgrounds in law (focus on data protection and/or human rights), environmental law.
- Experience in carrying out systematic literature reviews
- Experience in leading work in research projects
- Proven track record of building relationship with research collaborators
- Experience of delivering a range of research outputs
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
Our culture is based on delivering high-quality results, through our commitment and passion for what we do. We work in an open and collaborative environment. We believe in the strength of a diverse, gender-balanced and inclusive environment with positive work-life balance, and value the passion and talents of our team.
Find out about our people and culture and see how our mission drives the research we take on, the key data protection services we provide, and the technology products and supplementary services we develop, by visiting our website Trilateral Research.
What else do I need to know?
Our employment compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Company sick pay and family friendly pay
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working/working from home options
- Enhanced pension scheme based on service
- Continuous career development
Location: This position is open to candidates based in Ireland or the EU
Contract type: 12-months fixed-term. For IE candidates, full time employment contract, for EU candidates, full time consultant (not employee) contract
Start date: January 2024
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to apply
APPLY HERE TODAY
Please submit both your CV and a cover letter, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. References will be required prior to appointment and candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland/the EU.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.