Errigal has an opening for a Graduate Dev In Test Engineer. The successful applicant will join our team of development and operation engineers located in our office in Waterford, Ireland. If you have an Honours Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and you like being exposed to leading technologies and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, then this may be the right position for you. Employee growth is of huge importance within Errigal. For this role, we are looking for a logical, critical thinker with excellent judgement and initiative. We actively encouraged our employees to increase their skill levels, with generous support provided for further education and training.
- You will work with other members of the QA team to build tools and frameworks to support the Errigal platform as well as working with the Operation and Development Teams in Errigal.
- You will implement automated test suites covering end to end functional tests on existing software and new initiatives.
- Carry out manual user testing where automated testing has not yet been implemented.
- Research and review alternative methodologies to replace manual testing with automated test cases.
- Design, Development and Maintenance of Test Frameworks and Tools.
- Technical Support for QA team on issues of an advanced technical nature.
- Debugging of issues from tools/frameworks provided.
- You can demonstrate a strong level of initiative.
- You have practical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- You have an Honours Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- You have experience in deploying applications implemented in Java.
- You have knowledge of version control systems (preferably GIT).
- You are comfortable creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- You have strong time management skills including prioritising and planning.
- You have excellent oral and written communication.
- At least 1 years’ experience with Core Java (Jave 8+ advantageous).
- Willing and able to travel as required to customer sites.
- You have knowledge of scripting in both Groovy and MySQL (v5 & v8).
- You are comfortable using configuration management tools (Ansible, Jenkins).
- You have knowledge of Tomcat application servers.
- You have experience testing API services.
- You have experience with Linux and command-line environments (Cent 8.x, RedHat 6.x, 7.x).
- You have experience in providing technical assistance regarding environment setup and configuration.
- Strong knowledge of relational database performance, configuration and troubleshooting
- You have experience in BDD/TDD frameworks.
- Experience in Agile Methodology.
- Experience with Maven.
- Experience with Spring Framework.
- Experience with Selenium.
The Company Errigal has specialised in telecoms software for over twenty years. We have developed products that are used around the world by large telecom service providers. We are the leaders in some of the fastest growing technologies in wireless telecom including DAS and small cells. We manage our code in BitBucket (using PRs and code reviews), build on Jenkins (with automated testing) and deploy using Ansible. At Errigal, we reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. We encourage innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We believe in investing in our people. We offer a competitive salary and a generous health insurance and pension scheme. At Errigal we work a portion of the working week in the office and a portion of the working week at home. The exact balance will vary depending on work activities and commitments. Employees are actively encouraged to increase their skill levels, with generous support provided for further education and training. Our engineers attend software conferences worldwide.
For more information on Errigal, visit www.errigal.com Interested? Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV in PDF format to: email@example.com including “Grad Dev in Test Engineer” in the subject line.