CONTRACT TYPE - Full time
JOB ID - R2715034
LOCATION - Waterford, Ireland
Digital IT Intern (January, 2024 to August, 2024)
- Location: Waterford
- 100% On Site.
For more than 20 years, our Waterford team has continued to grow and diversify to serve patients around the world. Today, a team of almost 800 work together at a state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical and medical device campus. Recognised through multiple local and national awards, Sanofi Waterford offers flexible working and access to a world of opportunities to grow your career at one location. As well as attractive benefits, the team enjoy access to an onsite gym and medical centre that underpin a strong commitment to health and wellbeing.
About the job
The multiple national award-winning Sanofi Waterford biopharmaceutical and medical device campus is located in Waterford on Ireland’s southeast coast. Established in 2001 and now with more than 700 employees, the site has seen more than €600m invested in state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology. Diversification continues to bring new products to Waterford and the expanded site portfolio continues to create new opportunities.
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues. Monitor and test resolution of issues.
- Record activities, solutions, and other responses to request for service.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Contribute to Sanofi IT documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Support in the definition and execution of IT asset management.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Provide technical support for VC rooms.
- Process user support requests and take measures to fulfil requests.
- Support the IT Digital team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support.
- Contribute to introduction and adoption of new IT tools within the company
- Setting up new computers, networks, and software for new employees
- Updating team documentation
- Support our site Digital Transformation project
- Proficiency in common IT Applications (Office, etc.)
- Basic understanding of computer networking
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise tasks and efficiently manage time
- Strong communication, customer orientation and ongoing engagement skills
- Ability to keep calm, confident and focused when working under pressure and time deadlines
- Resourceful and innovative
- Value diversity and integrity
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
At Sanofi, we provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.