Graphics & Digital Mapping Specialist
PlantQuest is a vibrant and agile tech startup making an impact within some of the world's leading life science companies. We take pride in our work whilst we collaborate and support each other in our day-to-day activities. Our mission is to improve the lives of workers in, and the operational outputs of life science facilities through the use of our asset mapping and navigation platform. We have years of experience doing this and our customers love us.
We are a small, yet growing company impacting some of the world's largest mission-critical facilities and you will be the first person to fill this position. PlantQuest offers a highly stimulating, dynamic environment to work in and you will be an essential part of a team that is focused on providing the best performance and service to our clients.
As the graphics & digital mapping specialist at PlantQuest, you will work closely with project stakeholders, customers, and the management team to gather project requirements, ensuring that PlantQuest delivers industry-leading maps and content. Your work will encompass various aspects of PlantQuest operations, including product development & design, client projects & deployments, and marketing.
- Create intuitive facility maps that will serve as the centrepiece of PlantQuest's deployments.
- Develop and maintain a library of mapping assets, including symbols, icons, and templates, to streamline the creation of consistent and visually appealing maps.
- Support client projects by providing guidance on mapping and content strategies, offering solutions tailored to their specific requirements and objectives.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and advancements in mapping, geospatial tools, and content creation, and provide recommendations on their potential integration into PlantQuest's solutions.
- Analyse, review, and markup CAD layout drawings.
- Support the product/engineering team to design intuitive user interfaces for the PlantQuest desktop and mobile applications, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Work with the marketing team to develop compelling social media, sales, and marketing content, such as product info sheets, infographics, presentations, website content, and more, to effectively communicate PlantQuest's value proposition.
Reasons You Don’t Want This Job
- You don't like making big decisions.
- You don't love working in fast-paced environments.
- You don't love a bit of chaos sometimes.
Experience, Qualifications & You
- You are a self-starter who thrives on working in a startup environment.
- You are someone who can embrace change and adapt quickly and can wear multiple hats.
- Strong problem-solving skills – you can think outside the box, find creative solutions, and can bring innovative ideas to the table.
- You are somebody who can work effectively with others, communicate openly, and contribute positively to our team dynamics.
- We believe in continuous learning and growth. You have a thirst for knowledge, embrace curiosity, and actively seek opportunities to enhance your skills.
- We value individuals who think like entrepreneurs, take calculated risks, and have a strong desire to make a meaningful impact.
- A degree in the digital mapping & GIS, product / graphic design or similar.
- Experience in the Adobe Suite, in particular Adobe Illustrator.
- Competent in reviewing and understanding CAD/layout drawings.
- Geospatial awareness – strong ability to visualise content and drawings.
The PlantQuest Product
The PlantQuest product is often described as “Google Maps” for inside large industrial buildings. Deployed on desktop, tablet and through SDK, it allows workers to locate, and navigate their way around their facility, and visualise assets and information (IoT, production, work order etc). Currently adopted by some of the world’s largest pharma companies, our vision for the PlantQuest platform is for it to be the go-to platform for facility mapping and 2D digital twins in industrial facilities globally.
Place & Hours of Work
The working week is Monday to Friday. PlantQuest is a remote-first company, with a management team based in Cork Ireland, and Edinburgh UK (office space available).
- Base Salary - Starting at €30,000. DOE.
- Industry leading Bonus & Incentives.
- PlantQuest offers a pension scheme in line with the requirements of the employees’ resident country.
- Vacation and Paid Time Off - 20 days annual paid time off, plus standard national holidays.
- Professional Development Opportunities - PlantQuest is committed to supporting the professional growth of its employees. As part of this commitment, we offer a training budget to be spent on training, workshops, and conferences that are relevant to your role and beneficial for your career development.
- IT & Equipment - PlantQuest shall provide the employee with the necessary IT equipment and software required for the employee to perform their job duties.
Please send your CV and cover letter(at the end of your CV or as a separate document) outlining why you believe you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org