About the jobYou are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Lead Product Manager will play a critical role on our Technology Product Management team working day to day with a cross functional agile technology team to solve problems for our clients by delivering amazing client experiences that work harmoniously with supporting business processes. The ideal candidate is an experienced product owner of a complex, highly data driven product who knows how to harness user research and navigate the path to find desirable, feasible and viable solutions. They are curious in nature and guided by a passion for helping our clients support their employees in achieving lifetime financial security and living healthier lives.
We will expect you to:
- Serve as an agile team product owner in a scaled agile environment where teams of teams work collaboratively together to deliver value for our clients and Sun Life.
- Get to the root of problems facing our clients before jumping to solutions.
- Represent the voice of the customer by synthesizing information from multiple channels such as direct client feedback, stakeholder feedback, market research, competitor analysis, and user testing.
- Author problem statements, feature briefs, user stories, and data mapping, conduct acceptance testing and create detailed wiki-based product documentation.
- Maintain a prioritized and refined product backlog that supports the company’s goals and objectives.
- Lead an agile team of engineers through backlog refinement, quarterly and regular planning and estimation, and ongoing development by thoughtfully balancing customer needs with engineering velocity.
- Work hand in hand with the UX design and client success team, providing thoughtful feedback throughout the design process, to create an amazing client experience.
- Understand and communicate the data needs of the user experience.
- When necessary, work in conjunction with the technical support team to triage and assess production issues, perform impact analysis, and provide support to the engineering team to bring issues to resolution.
- Be curious and data driven - contribute to the definition, data collection, and analysis of data for KPIs and product metrics.
- Be flexible and able to take on and master new topic areas quickly, run with project assignments independently, but know when to ask questions.
- Be a team player with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- An experienced agile development practitioner with five (5) or more years of professional experience working in a product manager/owner role.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in business management or technical field is preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of tools such as Jira and Confluence to create user stories and author product documentation.
- Collaborative in your approach, appropriately engaging team members to accomplish your objectives.
- Flexible to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in a professional and timely manner.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Self-starter that can work independently and part of a team.
- Excellent organization and work breakdown skills.
- Experience in group benefits insurance and/or benefits administration a plus.
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US - 2022
- Great Place to Work® award for Best Workplaces for #HybridWork - 2022
- Named “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor - 2021
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work - 2021
- Flex hours and Flexible hybrid work model including in-country work-from-home if you prefer.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A friendly, collaborative, and inclusive culture
- Be part of our continuous improvement journey in developing the next greatest digital enterprise experience.
- Work and professional development that is united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- A common sense dress code, where you decide how you dress based on your day
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential