Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 or Newforge Lane, Belfast
At Energia Group, energy moves us to deliver careers that power a greener and fairer future. Across our two brands that serve the entire island of Ireland – Energia and Power NI – we supply hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses with positive energy solutions and innovative technologies leading Ireland’s decarbonisation efforts. We’re looking for people with positive energy who want to transform their ambition into impact in our environment and communities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Corporate Development Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Strategy and Corporate Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing, analysing and assessing investment opportunities in onshore wind and other renewable technologies for Energia Group. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to further Energia Group’s objective to lead a brighter future for our communities. We are looking for an excellent stakeholder manager who has a thorough knowledge of the onshore wind industry and experience of identifying development opportunities in the energy sector.
Day-to-day, here’s what your new role would look like:
- Identify potential pipeline of onshore wind opportunities (green field, in-development, in construction and operational) and make recommendations on your findings to Director and Board level.
- Formulate a comprehensive data base of all onshore wind installations, both operational and in development a comprehensive data base of all on-shore wind installations, both operational and in-development, on the Island of Ireland. To the extent possible outlining key development risks associated with the in-development projects, on the island of Ireland.
- Prepare proposals and business cases for development opportunities and make recommendations on potential risks and challenges associated with these projects.
- Prepare a project strategy for each opportunity identified, ensuring the delivery of key targets in agreed timelines.
- Attend industry forums and build relationships with key industry stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the Corporate Development modelling team to ensure all inputs are completed, reviewed and assessed.
- Manage the end-to-end communication process of making indicative offers to prospective parties.
- Manage the securing of signing exclusivity agreements.
- Continue to develop knowledge of the energy market and any associated future opportunities.
- Work closely with the Renewables team and the wider Corporate Development and Legal teams on due diligence, financial review and acquisition completion.
- Negotiate Share Purchase Agreements
- Potential to become involved in other strategic developments for the Group including, battery storage, solar generation, green hydrogen and other opportunities.
- A degree in an Engineering discipline
- An in-depth knowledge of the onshore wind industry, with experience of engaging with and building relationships with onshore wind developers.
- Effective communication skills including producing technical reports, presentations and delivering presentations up to and including Board level.
- Proven experience in a similar role, demonstrating a good knowledge of value drivers and risks for onshore wind development projects.
- Demonstrable experience of collaborating with a number of multi-disciplinary stakeholders and teams.
- Proven experience of managing multiple development projects simultaneously.
Our desirable criteria
- Good understanding of Irish grid network and redispatch issues
- Good understanding of the renewables policy context in Ireland and awareness of heat and transport policy context
- Good understanding of project finance requirements
- Experience of presenting at Board/Director level
- Experience of shaping Strategy
- Experience of Business Planning
- 25 days holidays per year plus 11 statutory.
- Annual cost of living review.
- A personal contract bonus.
- Career progression - great opportunities and year round learning.
- Private medical insurance.
- Opportunity to buy extra holiday.
· Employee assistance progamme
· (Counselling Service)
· Wellbeing calendar
· Membership of sports and
· social slubs
· Subsidised gym membership
· Car parking
You strive for complete clarity in your communication style, helping everyone achieve their goals effectively by prioritising transparency across audiences and communicating accessibly even when the subject is complex.
You enthusiastically anticipate what’s next and uncover changing trends in your area of specialism, always going the extra mile to identify potential risks and explore and test new opportunities.
Drive for results
You have a strong sense of purpose both in your immediate tasks and in achieving Energia Group’s environmental goals. You develop, prioritise, and deliver on agreed actions, and display creativity in your problem solving.
Judgement and decision making
You make timely decisions based on analysis, knowledge, and experience, providing specialist advice to others and fostering a culture of trust.
You are recognized as trustworthy, consistently performing in line with expectations and demonstrating personal accountability for delivering objectives.a comprehensive data base of all on-shore wind installations, both operational and in-development, on the Island of Ireland. To the extent possible outlining key development risks associated with the in-development projects.
Day-to-day, here’s what your new role would look like:
This role requires a considerable degree of drive, commitment, and flexibility to meet quality standards and project deadlines. A forward-thinking approach, a positive outlook, and the ability to work independently define the ideal talent for this role. A driving license and access to a car is required for this role.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3oD28zC
Expiry date: 10.8.2022