Errigal has an opening for a Software Engineer. The successful applicant will join our team of development and support engineers located in our state of the art office in Waterford, Ireland. The job is Java based, building new services and upgrading existing applications using agile delivery methods.
We recruit the best and brightest problem solvers. All engineers, junior and senior, are an integral part of the team with equal opportunity to share and critique ideas. Employee growth is of huge importance within Errigal. If you like being exposed to leading technologies and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, then this may be the right position for you.
The position entails:
• Coding of new software applications and modification of existing software applications.
• Support of existing software applications including bug fixing and critical issues response.
• Analysis and design including requirements gathering and documentation.
• working with our customers to define requirements through meetings and other communications.
• Providing technical assistance re environment setup and configuration.
• Performing code reviews.
• Applying software solutions to problem solving and project estimations.
• Developing technical direction for the project and ensure technical quality of the code delivered.
• Travel as required to customer sites in the US as well as our head office in San Francisco.
Education, Experience, Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in information technology, computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
• Three or more years’ experience writing production level software.
• Excellent knowledge and considerable development experience with Java. Experience with Groovy and Grails is an advantage.
• Knowledge of messaging technologies/protocols like JMS, AMQP, MQTT, WebSockets, RabbitMQ.
• Knowledge of version control systems (GIT) and continuous integration engines (Jenkins).
• Proficiency using IDEs such as IntelliJ and Eclipse.
• Knowledge of relational database structure and design. Experience in MySQL is preferred.
• Understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies (some OOP design patterns, integration patterns, DDD).
• Experience in Linux operating systems.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Errigal has specialised in telecoms software for twenty years. We have developed products that are used around the world by large telecom service providers. We are the leaders in some of the fastest growing technologies in wireless telecom including DAS and small cells. We manage our code in BitBucket (using PRs and code reviews), build on Jenkins (with automated testing) and deploy using Ansible.
At Errigal, we reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. We encourage innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We believe in investing in our people. We offer a competitive salary and a generous health insurance and pension scheme. Employees are actively encouraged to increase their skill levels, with generous support provided for further education and training. Our engineers attend software conferences worldwide.
For more information on Errigal, visit http://www.errigal.com
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org including “Software Engineer” in the subject line.