Senior Software Engineer
Errigal is currently recruiting a Senior Software Engineer with 8+ years of industry experience. The successful applicant will join our team of development and operation engineers located in our office in Waterford, Ireland. The job is Java-based, building new services and upgrading existing applications using agile delivery methods.
We recruit the best and brightest problem solvers. All engineers, junior and senior, are an integral part of the team with equal opportunity to share and critique ideas. Employee growth is of huge importance within Errigal. If you like being exposed to leading technologies and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, then this may be the right position for you.
The position entails:
● Developing software applications and enhancing existing software applications.
● Provide mentoring to other members of the team.
● Maintaining and supporting our existing software applications.
● Analysis and design including requirements gathering and documentation.
● Documenting architectural blueprints for existing and greenfield projects.
● Customer communication.
● Providing technical assistance re environment setup and configuration.
● Performing code reviews.
● Estimation of project work.
● Developing technical direction for the project and ensuring technical quality of the code delivered.
● Travel as required to customer sites in the US as well as our head office in San Francisco.
Education, Experience, Skills:
● Honours degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
● Six or more years’ experience writing production level software.
● Excellent knowledge and considerable development experience with Java.
● Experience with Spring boot, Groovy and Grails is an advantage.
● Demonstrable knowledge of Ansible, CI/CD concepts a distinct advantage.
● Working knowledge of AWS, OpenStack or other virtual environments.
● Knowledge of enterprise adapters, web services, Java utilities, RabbitMQ, JMS Queues.
● Familiar with Tomcat application servers, creation of Spring web services and multi-threaded programming.
● Knowledge of version control systems (Git) and continuous integration engines (Jenkins).
● Proficiency using IDEs such as IntelliJ and Eclipse.
● Knowledge of relational database structure and design. Experience with MySQL is preferred.
● Understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies.
● Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Errigal has specialised in telecoms software for over twenty years. We have developed products that are used around the world by large telecom service providers. We are the leaders in some of the fastest growing technologies in wireless telecom including DAS and small cells. We manage our code in BitBucket (using PRs and code reviews), build on Jenkins (with automated testing) and deploy using Ansible. At Errigal, we reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. We encourage innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We believe in investing in our people. We offer a competitive salary and a generous health insurance and pension scheme.
At Errigal we work a portion of the working week in the office and a portion of the working week at home. The exact balance will vary depending on work activities and commitments. Employees are actively encouraged to increase their skill levels, with generous support provided for further education and training. Our engineers attend software conferences worldwide.
For more information on Errigal, visit http://www.errigal.com
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV in PDF format to: email@example.com including “Senior Software Engineer” in the subject line.