Location: IE - Waterford, Ireland - All, IE
Company: Bausch & Lomb
Bausch + Lomb, a leading global eye health business of Bausch Health Companies Inc., is solely focused on making people see better to live better. The company has a 40-year track record of growth and diversification in Waterford – Ireland’s oldest city.
From Waterford, Bausch + Lomb supplies eye health products to people across the world.
The company’s success in Waterford has been built on a great team who between them have thousands of years of experience of delivering the highest quality every time. As the facility has grown, new opportunities have been created for skilled people to join the team and take their careers to the next level in a global company with deep local roots in Waterford.
The Snr Manufacturing Engineer role is a role within the B&L Ireland Plant Engineering group. It is a highly technical role required to support, debug and improve complex automation systems.
- Develop and implement process and equipment improvements with minimal impact to production operating under 24/7 environment.
- Identify and eliminate repetitious automated machine failures.
- Provide support to the Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Equipment Design groups.
- Utilise Lean Six Sigma tools along with data to drive continuous improvement. Objective to minimise scrap, increase yield, reduce turn-around-time, minimise manufacturing downtime and costs and ensuring quality manufacturing within given specifications
- Developing a detailed understanding of the process and automation systems in the manufacturing process, and sharing of technical expertise with colleagues.
- Fault-finding \ troubleshooting of equipment and process issues.
- Implement improvements under change control.
- Develop methods to ensure personnel engaged in maintenance activities have sufficient knowledge to perform their assigned tasks.
- Generate documentation and SOPs associated with each of the equipment or process systems as required.
- Present, where appropriate, technical data to internal/external audit and inspection groups
Qualifications/ Experience required:
- Bachelors in engineering or related Technical Discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years in technical role in high volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- Solidworks experience preferred
- Six sigma experience preferred
- Good problem-solving abilities – able to identify facts, consider alternative approaches and evaluate the most appropriate action
- Medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Experience working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control is preferred.
Bausch & Lomb is committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with equal employment opportunity laws in effect wherever it operates.
APPLY HERE TODAY